The hike to the almost thousand-year-old Wartburg begins in the centre of Eisenach at the market.
Impressive: the historic town hall, the city palace with the Thuringian Museum and the baptistery of Johann Sebastian Bach - the Georgenkirche. Now it's time to visit the Preacher's Monastery - the first monastery in the world, which was built in honour of Saint Elisabeth.
The Luther Experience Trail, which begins not far from the castle, ends at the donkey station, where donkeys bring children to the castle during the season. Don't miss a guided tour of Wartburg Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Getting thereYou can travel by car via the A4 motorway (exit Eisenach-West or Eisenach-Ost) or the B7, B19 and B84 federal highways.
ParkingIn the city center you will find various parking options near the market. The closest parking garage is the parking garage on the market (Google NAV point). You can find more information about parking in Eisenach here.
Multi-storey car parks:
- Multi-storey car park Am Markt - Street: Hinter der Mauer 1
- City multi-storey car park (in the old tram depot) - Sommerstrasse (corner of Uferstrasse)
Car parking spaces:
- Car park Karl-Marx-Strasse - Karl-Marx-Strasse 40 Car park Schiffsplatz - Katharinenstrasse 13
- Car park Frauenplan - Frauenplan 4
- Car park Eisenach Süd - Eisenach's parking lot in the center of the brewery - Wartburgallee 25a